our humble little blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
a big THANK YOU to my little audience of readers!
and especially the TWO other blogs that nominated me!
what IS a liebster award you may ask??
well, as mandi ever so wonderfully described it: "The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
there are a few rules a nominee must follow to receive this award, which are:
1. each person must write 11 things about themselves that readers may not know.
2. answer the 11 questions the tagger asked, and then ask the people YOU nominate and tag to answer 11 questions.
3. choose 11 other blogs and link them in this post.
4. go to their page and tell them.
5. no tag backs!
mmkay, with that said! since two people tagged me, i have to choose which answers to answer. so, i figured i'd go with whoever got a hold of me first. which was caroline! [i think mandi *techincally* tagged me first on my new twitter account a few days ago, but since i'm such a newbie and don't know my way around twitter, i didn't get it until after caroline told me about it.]
11 facts about sam that you may not know yet
1. i'm pretty picky when it comes to grammar [ESPECIALLY when it comes to you're/your, two/to/too, they're/their/there] but i hate capitalizing words. kind of hypocritical, i know. [by the way- i know i still make grammatical errors. but let's just pretend i don't. :D haha]
2. i'm a night owl. big time. having this baby will really slap me into reality when it comes to "normal" morning hours. haha
3. i'm a cosmetologist [i know many of you that i personally know already know this] & i specialize in highlights/weaves.
4. i stopped growing in the 6th grade. [i'm 5'2" shout out to all the other shorties out there!]
5. i'm the youngest of 3 children.
6. two things i love to do by myself: shopping and crafting.
7. my first pet was a dwarf hamster named pinky. he was all white with pink/red eyes and lived for 2 years! [that's a long time for a hamster!]
8. my best friend is truly my husband. i love it. i highly recommend marrying someone who can be your best friend. :)
9. my parents almost named me elisabeth.
10. i was a cheerleader throughout middle school and high school [most people aren't shocked about this..haha!]
11. i played piano for a total of 7 years growing up. and i was REALLY good! but now, i can't play a lick. it's sad. i completely regret quitting. [you were right, mom!!!]
now on to the questions caroline tagged me with!
1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging? i made this blog around the same time charlie and i got engaged...because doesn't every married couple have a blog??! ha! i now mainly use it as a journal since i'm terrible at keeping a written journal.
2. Where is your favorite place to go? disneyland.
3. What's your most favorite time of year? (i.e. Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall) fall! spring is lovely, too.
caroline...you skipped #4! :)
5. If you could go to any place in the world, where would you go? oh, man! just one place?! i can't pick! one day i will to go to all the countries of my heritage. which are... scotland, ireland, england, france, romania, holland, lithuania, poland, germany, and hungary. whew! i'm a mut.
6. Where do you like to shop? let's just put it this way..target is my second home.
7. Who is your favorite music artist? i have so many. mainly all country artists.
8. What do you do for family time with your family? charlie and i like to go out to restaurants. we also spend lots of time with our dog, wrangler. and we love watching shows together on netflix -no commercials! :)
9. What make up item could you not live without? my eyebrow pencil! [eyebrows completely define your face- very important beauty tip!] i have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes so without my eyebrow pencil and my mascara, i look like a 12 year old. charlie even admits to it haha!
10. How do you like to style your hair? down and softly curled. charlie prefers it up in a pony, though. :)
my nominees are! [drum roll, please..]
1. mandy from Life's Perks
2. noelle from Norrey
3. kimber from Casey + Kimber
4. shelly from Shelly and Branson
5. bethany from Life's Lessons
6. britt from The Walker Clan
7. kristen from Disgustingly Happy
8. jasmine from Enjoy The Journey
aaaand that's it because i don't follow enough blogs with under 200 followers that haven't already been nominated!
1. (obligatory) why did you start blogging?
2. where is your "happy place"?
3. what is your favorite dessert?
4. do you prefer mornings or nights?
5. chocolate or vanilla?
6. what is your favorite type of music?
7. guilty pleasure?
8. what is your bedtime ritual?
9. is there a meaning behind your first and middle name?
10. your biggest pet peeve?
11. what is the last thing you checked off your bucket list?
YAY! there you have it, folks! if you lasted through reading this entire post, my hat goes off to you!